Saturday, January 5, 2013

Starting Over

This time I was sure I had found the one. I would look at him and just wonder how I was so lucky that he happened into my life. It was clearly meant to be! Or so I thought (and admittedly still kind of do). So what the heck happened? How has everything come to a screeching halt?

I want to divulge all kinds of details and maybe someday I will, but at this time it would not be fair to him and probably not to me either. I will leave it at this; there was some mental, not physical cheating happening.

How does someone in a committed relationship even allow himself to consider cheating? Can two people ever truly overcome this loss of trust?

There are so many questions running through my head.

I certainly didn't make him cheat, but I didn't do anything to make him not want to cheat either. While I take very little blame, I can't help but wonder if there was something I could have done differently. Is a cheater's a cheater's a cheater? Or can someone slip up once and never go down that path again?

It's been a full week. He's still, in a sense, hiding from having a real conversation with me. Feels like my best friend has been ripped away from me and I'm just floundering here trying to find my barrings. This really sucks!

Such is my life....

PERFECTLY DANIELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment