Sunday, January 6, 2013

Check Me Out

I'm going full pace on the elliptical when my towel falls to the ground. I just looked at it and mumbled "dang it!" As a complete surprise to me, this cute guy picks up the sweaty gym towel, hands it to me with a smile and goes on his way.

It was so sweet! Who touches someone else's sweaty gym towel?? I'm pretty sure I'd be hesitant to touch anyone else's! Gross, right? Anyway..... I'm straying from my point.

Do you know how weird it is to start checking out guys again? I mean you spend a year plus on the arm of the guy you think is the one and no other guys ever even matter. I really never cared to look. I was completely content.

That nice simple gesture tonight, by a sweet stranger made me feel good. I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to really start looking. That handsome guy I stared at, with starry eyes, for over a year is still very much on my mind.

How long is a healthy amount of time to grieve a broken relationship? When is it acceptable to move on?

I know there's a too soon. For me, I'm still waiting to have an actual grown-up conversation. I think I need that for healing and clarity and in order to move forward. Moving forward is not the same as moving on. We can talk about that another time....

I might sort of be a mess right now, but I'm.....

PERFECTLY DANIELLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment